Hire Terms and Conditions
Please take a few minutes to read the small print if you are using our tableware or decoration hiring service. Please do get in touch if you have any other queries about our terms or how our hiring packages work. Happy reading!
Please note that to secure your order, we require the full amount to be paid online at the point of booking, we cannot reserve tableware or decorations without full payment.
1. All hired equipment remains the property of 'Florence & Burt'.
2. No responsibility can be accepted for injury through use of the hired equipment.
3. The hire period lasts for 3 days. Typically, delivery or collection is scheduled 24 hours before the event (date and time to be arranged when booking). All hired items must be either dropped off, ready for collection or posted within 2 days of the event.
4. The hirer is responsible for any losses, breakages or damages. All losses will be charged at replacement cost.
5. It is a condition of supply that, in the absence of definite proof to the contrary, our count at our premises is final as to the quantity and condition of the returned goods.
6. Fabrics (table runners and backdrops) require careful handling and if damaged or permanently stained, they cannot be re-used. If we receive items in a condition which we cannot make-good, we will charge the cost of re-purchase.
7. We ask that you do not use metal cutlery on our hired tableware due to the damage this may cause. If cutlery is required, we will provide plastic cutlery free of charge so please let us know when making your booking if cutlery is to be included.
8. We understand that circumstances can change and ask that you let us know as soon as possible if an order is to be cancelled or reduced. If an order is cancelled within three weeks of the hire date, 50% of the order value will be charged.
9. The liability of 'Florence & Burt' for failure due to circumstances beyond our control to fulfil any contract shall be limited to a waiver of any charges due by the customer.
10. No credit or refund will be given for unused items.
11. If you opt to receive hired products by post, a prepaid returns postage label will be included in the box. Please use this to return the hired items back to us via a DPD Local Drop Off point. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the return of the hired items within 2 days following your event.